About the Ingredients - Hot Sauce
INCI: Sustainably Sourced Certified Organic Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Biotin, MethylSulfonylMethane, Ascorbic Acid, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf (Rosemary) OIL, Mentha piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary oleoresin) oil.
Red Palm Oil
- The base of the oil is Red palm, which is rich in vitamin E and that benefits the hair by promoting cell growth of the hair follicles, which results in stronger hair. Vitamin E also decreases graying of the hair and hair loss.
- My Red Palm oil is sustainably sourced by workers who aim to prevent deforestation and support fair trade.
- The carotenes in red palm oil is also responsible for the growth and division of cells and will prevent the hair from becoming weak and brittle.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Extracted differently from Castor oil. The seeds are roasted and then pulverized in a mortar. Then, water is added, after which these mashed beans are slow-boiled on a wood fire. What we get as a result is unadulterated, thick, pungent, and dark brown castor oil that is much richer in nutrients.
- The omega-9 fatty acids in Jamaican black castor oil contribute to scalp health, treating inflammation. Also, its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties stops the spread of bacteria and helps to heal numerous infections.
- The rich nutrients in Jamaican black castor oil (some of them being vitamin E and omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids) help moisturize hair and treat related problems like itchy scalp and dandruff.
- Promotes longer hair by strengthening the hair follicle. Stronger hair allows each strand to reach the end of its growth cycle.
- Sometimes referred to as "nature's beauty mineral", MSM has the ability to enhance collagen bundles and keratin, the important stuff in our skin, hair and nails.
- MSM makes the cells more permeable, enhancing the absorption of nutrients.
- The combination of MSM and Vitamin C (another ingredient in Hot Sauce!) was found in a study to perform comparably to Rogaine.
- Vitamin C helps build collagen, which is highly important for hair growth
- Vitamin C also plays a necessary role in absorbing iron, which keeps our locks strong and healthy
- Rosemary has an antioxidant ORAC value of 11,070, the same free radical fighting power as goji berries!
- Rosemary lowers DHT (dihyroxytestosterone) improving hair growth and prostate health
- Rosemary has been proven to stimulate hair growth, prevent baldness, slows graying, and can be used to treat dandruff and dry scalp.
- Peppermint is antimicrobial, helping to fight scalp infection.
- Peppermint is vasodilating (and vasoconstricting), which means that it improves blood circulation. Many cases of hair loss and baldness occurs due to starved blood flow to hair follicles. Increasing circulation improves blood flow and therefore hair growth and slows hair loss.
- Peppermint is also anti-inflammatory and calming to the scalp.
- Also known as Rosemary Oil Extract or ROE, Rosemary oleoresin is an oil soluble, natural extract of the leaves of the rosemary plant used to retard rancidity in natural oils.
- Its potent antioxidant properties are attributed in large part to carnosic acid, one of its major constituents.